Burke & Herbert Bank, located in Old Town Alexandria, is looking for a Collections Specialist. Position falls under the direction of the Special Assets Manager and the Chief Credit Officer. Primary scope consists of early stage collection, follow-up on past due accounts, assistance with foreclosures and management of the OREO portfolio. Additional duties include managing third-party collections and assisting management with monthly reports and loan loss reserve analysis. Collections include commercial and consumer loans.
Qualified candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years commercial and consumer collections experience
- Formal credit and collections training preferred
- Lending experience preferred
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Knowledge of banking and collections regulatory requirements
- Strong negotiation skills with a focus on delinquent loan resolution
- Good written and oral communication skills
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring early stage delinquent loans on the Bank's operating system and conducting follow-up telephone conversations with the objective of curing delinquencies. Coordinates collections efforts with assigned loan officers. Handles written collections efforts.
- Tracking collections efforts on the Bank's operating system and reporting status to management.
- Assisting Special Assets Manager with foreclosures and OREO.
- Assisting Special Assets Manager and Chief Credit Officer with portfolio performance reporting and analysis.
- Managing third-party collections.
We not only treat our customers with courteous, professional service, we treat our employees that way as well – not to mention the competitive salary, commission, and benefits. This is why people who come to work for Burke & Herbert Bank tend to stay a while. Benefits offered include medical, dental, vacation and sick leave, group term life insurance, long term disability, 401(k) with match, educational assistance, SmartBenefits, and more.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Collections Specialist" in the Subject Line.