Commercial Operations Manager
Burke & Herbert Bank has an immediate opening for a Commercial Operations Manager.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of related work experience in financial services
- Demonstrated ability to learn and develop deep knowledge of software used in transaction processing
- Leadership qualities and management skills
- Strong knowledge of the industry’s processes, procedures, and workflow
- Superior analytical skills to determine areas in need of improvement and the ability to find creative solutions while considering all aspects, departments and individuals affected
- Ability to recognize and focus on critical issues
- Flexibility to balance and respond to competing needs within the organization
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with a demonstrated ability to create processes and procedures and to lead a project and communicate results as well as carry out new policies and procedures
- Superior communication and negotiation skills to communicate across a broad base of internal customers
Essential Job Responsibilities include:
- Manages and supports Electronic Payment Systems (Internet Banking, Internet Bill Pay), Merchant Remote Deposit Capture, Lock Box, Online Account Openings, Wire Department, ACH, and Account Analysis. May also manage the Call Center.
- Oversees the maintenance of the operating and capital budgets. Exercises the usual authority of a manager concerning performance improvement plans and reviews promotions, salary recommendations, and terminations. Coaches, develops and inspires staff to maximize their potential.
- Oversees and directs Commercial Operations daily functions by determining workflow and making assignments.
- Administers department’s functions, ensuring compliance with the Bank’s policies, legal and government rules and regulations by establishing, monitoring and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Develops, recommends and implements business plans, operational procedures and system utilization that support the division’s long-term strategic objectives and vision.
- Leads in the implementation of system changes to support new products, ensures system integrity and recommends program changes to more efficiently and effectively support services offered.
- Responsible for coordinating budget, resources and deadlines to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Resolves operational problems. Acts as a resource to other divisions regarding department operational issues.
- Develops and maintains relationships with industry groups and organizations to keep abreast of changes in federal and state banking regulations and ensures that changes are implemented in a timely fashion.
- Promotes and enhances the corporate culture and fosters the development and implementation of organizational vision, policies and guidelines.
- Builds constructive and effective relationships to support a collaborative working environment.
We treat not only our customers with courteous, professional service, we treat our employees that way as well – not to mention the competitive salary and benefits. This is why people who come to work for Burke & Herbert Bank tend to stay a while. Benefits offered include medical, dental, vacation and sick leave, group term life insurance, long term disability, 401(k) with match, educational assistance, SmartBenefits, and more.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Commercial Operations Manager" in the Subject Line.