Consumer Mortgage Loan Officer
Burke & Herbert Bank is seeking a Consumer Mortgage Loan Officer to be located in Alexandria, Virginia. This is a unique opportunity for a self-starter, with at least 5 years of experience, to work for a stable, 160-year-old Bank. The position offers stability and income potential for motivated, detail-oriented individuals.
The Consumer Mortgage Loan Officer is a key member of the Bank's mortgage team and must have the ability to work independently inside and outside the office, manage a loan pipeline, and follow up with borrowers, Burke & Herbert Bank partners, and other sources of business. It is the responsibility of the Loan Officer to handle all functions of originating a loan, including issuing disclosures.
Essential responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Must be able to communicate and work well with the public
- Must have the ability to analyze credit information necessary to originate a residential mortgage loan
- Must have knowledge of lending and compliance requirements and conventional and government loan products available to the consumer
- Must be resourceful and have the ability to work with secondary market investors, insuring all loans meet established guidelines
- Data integrity must never be compromised
- Work as part of a team to ensure timely loan closings
- Complies with all policies and procedures and Burke & Herbert Bank's BSA/AML policy
- Expected minimum closed loan volume of $1,000,000 per month after 90 days
Qualified candidates will possess:
- 5+ years mortgage banking experience, preferably at a regulated financial institution
- NMLS license or registration
- Experience issuing disclosures preferred
We treat not only our customers with courteous, professional service, we treat our employees that way as well – not to mention the competitive salary, commission, and benefits. This is why people who come to work for Burke & Herbert Bank tend to stay a while. Benefits offered include medical, dental, vacation and sick leave, group term life insurance, long term disability, 401(k) with match, educational assistance, SmartBenefits, and more.
Please email resume to email@example.com. Please include "Consumer Mortgage Loan Officer" in the Subject Line.
Deadline for receipt of resumes: 11/19/12