Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Mobile Banking?
Mobile Banking is a free* service that allows you to access your account information, transfer funds, pay bills and make deposits with your smartphone or mobile device (iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® or mobile devices using the Android™ operating system).
- What transactions can I perform with Mobile Banking?
- Check your account balances
- Review recent transactions
- View up to 18 months of statements, in the same format as paper statements
- View images of processed checks and deposited items
- Deposit checks and check the status of mobile deposit limits
- Pay bills and people – anytime, anywhere
- Set up new Person to Person (P2P) payees using just an email address
- Transfer funds between your accounts at Burke & Herbert Bank
- Move money to or from your accounts at other institutions with Bank-to-Bank transfers (daily transaction limits apply)
- Customize your Mobile Banking experience by selecting your preferred landing page and your preferred order to list your accounts
- Locate Burke & Herbert Bank branches and ATMs
- Do I need to enter a User ID and password every time I want to log in?
You can use your fingerprint to log in to the Mobile Banking app on your iPhone or iPad. No need to enter your User ID or password. Simply enable the Touch ID service in "Settings" on your iOS device to get started.* Or, if you do not have access to Touch ID service, enable the "Remember Me" feature. The app saves your Burke & Herbert Bank Online ID and prefills it for future log-ins. Simply enter your password to gain access to your accounts.
* Available on iPhone 5s or later, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, or iPad mini 3 or later. Remember Me is turned off if you select this option.
- How do I get started using Mobile Banking?
All you need to get started using Burke & Herbert Bank Mobile Banking is your Online Banking user ID and password. Simply visit the Apple App Store (for iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch® devices) or Google Play (for Android™ devices) and search for Burke & Herbert Bank Mobile Banking. Then, simply download the appropriate app for your device, log in, and follow the prompts. It's fast and easy! (If you don't have an Online Banking user ID, click here to enroll.)
- What if I don't have an Apple or Android™ mobile device?
You can access Burke & Herbert Bank Mobile Banking at BHBMobile.com from any mobile browser once you're enrolled. To enroll in Mobile Banking, simply login to Online Banking, click on the "Preferences" tab, then "Mobile Banking." Check "Enable Web access for your mobile device" and fill in the requested information about your mobile service and the accounts you wish to view. Some features, such as Mobile Banking Deposits, are available only on the Burke & Herbert Bank Mobile Banking Apps (for iPhone®, iPad® and Android™), not BHBMobile.com.
- Are there any fees for the Mobile Banking service?
There are no fees – Burke & Herbert Bank Mobile Banking is free to use!*
- Can I set up future-dated transfers and bill payments through Mobile Banking?
Yes, you can schedule transfers and bill payments for a future date.
- Can I schedule recurring transfers and bill payments using Mobile Banking?
At this time, only one-time, immediate or future-dated transfers and bill payments may be entered. Recurring transfers and bill payments may be established through Online Banking.
- Can I edit transfers and bill payments through Mobile Banking?
Not at this time. Pending transfers and bill payments can be edited or deleted in Online Banking.
- How late in the day can I make transfers?
Transfers can be made at any time. However, please note the same-day transfer cut-off time is 10 p.m. Eastern Time during regular banking days, which excludes weekends and holidays. Any transfer made after 10 p.m. Eastern Time will be processed on the next business day.
- How do I know if my transfer or bill payment was entered successfully?
A confirmation message will appear on your screen. In addition, if you have elected to receive Text Message Alerts in Mobile Banking, you will also receive a confirmation text.
- How do I add a new Person-to-Person (P2P) payee?
Person-to-Person payees can be set up easily using the Mobile Banking app. From the Home menu, select P2P and then "Add new P2P." Simply enter payee Name, Nickname, email, and Keyword (which you choose and share with your payee). Save time by selecting payees right from your contact list, so email addresses are pre-filled. Select Submit, and an email is generated to your payee to complete the process.
- How do I add a new bill payment payee?
With the exception of Person-to-Person (P2P) payees, new payees can be added only through Online Banking. Once established, all payees – including P2P payees – are available through Mobile Banking for payments.
- How do I delete a bill payment that I set up through my mobile device?
Log in to Online Banking > Bill Pay and select the menu for Scheduled Payments. If the payment has not yet been processed, you may edit or delete the payment.
- How do I end my Mobile Banking browser session securely?
Select the "Logout" icon to log out of the Mobile Banking app, then confirm your request. If you're using your phone's browser to access Mobile Banking, first choose the "Logout" link, then close your browser through your mobile device browsing options. Closing your browser will end your mobile banking session securely.
- What happens if I lose my connection/signal during a transaction?
If you do not receive a confirmation SMS Text Message due to a dropped call or lost signal, check your accounts and re-submit any transactions that did not process.
- What happens if I lose my mobile device?
Account data and login credentials are not stored automatically on your mobile device. Therefore, anyone who has access to your phone or other mobile device cannot login to your accounts. Do not add your login credentials to the memo pad or voice-record them on your mobile device, as this information could then be obtained by others. Password-protect your mobile device if possible.
- If I get a new phone, how do I continue to use Mobile Banking?
If you are using the same phone number and provider, no changes are needed. If you switch providers and/or phone numbers, log in to your Online Banking account via the Internet on your PC and update your information by selecting Preferences > Mobile Banking > Mobile Settings.
- What if I no longer want to be a mobile user?
Delete the Mobile Banking app from your smartphone or mobile device. Then, log in to Online Banking and Preferences > Mobile Banking > Mobile Settings. Deselect "Enable Web access for your mobile device" and click Agree.
- Is it safe to use WiFi?
When doing something sensitive on your mobile device or PC, like checking a bank account balance or making a payment, don't use the free Wi-Fi in a coffee shop or other access points. Use your password-protected Wi-Fi at home to safeguard your account.
- Burke & Herbert Bank takes measures to ensure the security of my confidential information, but what can I do?
- Use only trusted WiFi providers
- Only install apps from reputable sources
- To limit the risk of inadvertently installing malware, read online reviews about the app from trusted sources.
- How secure is this service?
Mobile Banking provides the following security measures: Login and login authorization, encryption of locally stored data, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connection requirement and multi-factor authentication.
- If I need help with Mobile Banking, where do I call?
For help with Mobile Banking and any other questions about your Burke & Herbert Bank account, please call us at 703-684-1655 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday. Or you can send a secure email to email@example.com
* Burke & Herbert Bank does not charge fees to download or use Burke & Herbert Bank Mobile Banking. Your carrier may charge for text messaging, Web access, and other related services. Check with your carrier for information about any fees that might be imposed.